California Privacy Notice
UPDATED AUGUST 8, 2022
Personal Information Post Ranch Inn Collects
- CATEGORIES – SPECIFIC PIECES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Within the last 12 months, we have collected or may have collected the following categories and specific pieces of personal information from individuals, such as guests and visitors to Post Ranch Inn:
- Identifiers – Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.
- Any categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80
- For Post Ranch Inn guests, visitors and online-buyers: Name, signature, address, telephone number, email address, company affiliation, credit card number, debit card number.
- For those seeking employment at Post Ranch Inn: Name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment history.
- Commercial information – Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or preferences.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity – Browsing history, information on a consumer’s interaction with Hotel website, application for employment, or advertisements on other websites.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information electronic information.
- Professional or employment-related information – For guests, visitors and/or purchasers, company affiliation, if consumers want to include it. Otherwise, only as it relates to persons seeking employment at Post Ranch Inn.
- Education information – As it relates to persons seeking employment at Post Ranch Inn.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information – Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, behavior, and attitudes as related to Post Ranch Inn transactions, inquiries and/or purchases.
- CATEGORIES OF THE SOURCES FROM WHICH THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WAS COLLECTED
Categories of sources from which information was collected include Post Ranch Inn-related:
- Telephone and/or email communications
- Consumer opt-in for inclusion in email or postal mail lists
- Online and onsite purchases
- Marketing surveys
- Social media
- Job-hunting sites
- BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES FOR COLLECTING OR SELLING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes – whether in the past 12 months or longer. Post Ranch Inn uses personal information for our business’s or service providers’ operational, marketing and/or other notified purposes. These business purposes are:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts; providing customer service; processing or fulfilling orders and transactions; verifying customer information; processing payments; keeping records; providing advertising or marketing services; offering, communicating or administering loyalty and other programs, products or services; providing analytic services; providing similar services on behalf of the Post Ranch Inn; or processing applications for employment.
- Undertaking internal research for marketing or business analysis purposes.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product or service that is owned or controlled by Post Ranch Inn; and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the product or service that is owned or controlled by Post Ranch Inn.
- For any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the point of collection of the personal information, for any purpose for which you provide your prior consent, or for any other lawful purpose.
- CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM THE BUSINESS SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information only with third-party suppliers contracted by us to perform specific activities that facilitate our business. These include categories related to:
- Making reservations or purchases at Post Ranch Inn or its related businesses, including restaurant, the spa, and online and onsite retail outlets
- Implementing email communications and/or marketing surveys
- Measuring our business performance over time and versus competitors
On occasion, we may share selected personal information (i.e., email addresses for marketing purposes) with Post Ranch Inn’s operator, Passport Resorts, LLC, and its affiliates.
Third-parties with whom Post Ranch Inn works include NAVIS, Sabre Hospitality/Synxis, Open Table and Preferred Hotels & Resorts. Note that Post Ranch Inn’s third-parties also are subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Post Ranch Inn
c/o Passport Resorts, LLC
Attention: Privacy Inquiry
475 Gate 5 Road, Suite 225
Sausalito, California 94965
California Consumer Rights
Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (‘CCPA’), Resort consumers who are residents of California have these consumer rights (for additional information, see sections below of ‘TITLE 1.81.5. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 [1798.100 – 1798.199]’ from which the information below is sourced and/or extracted).
A consumer has the right to request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- A consumer has the right to request that a business that discloses it for a business purpose, disclose to that consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- A business that discloses a consumer’s personal information for a business purpose shall disclose, to the consumer upon receipt of a verifiable consumer request from the consumer any personal information previously collected about the consumer.
- A business that discloses consumers’ personal information for a business purpose, shall disclose:
- The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has sold in the preceding 12 months, or if the business has not sold consumers’ personal information, it shall disclose that fact.
- The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, or if the business has not disclosed the consumers’ personal information for a business purpose, it shall disclose that fact.
- A business shall not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under this title, by:
- Denying goods or services to the consumer
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
- Note that a business is not prohibited from charging a consumer a different price or rate, or from providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data.
- A consumer shall have the right to request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer.
- A business that receives a verifiable consumer request from a consumer to delete the consumer’s personal information shall delete the consumer’s personal information from its records and direct any service providers to delete the consumer’s personal information from their records.
A business shall:
- Make available to consumers two or more designated methods for submitting requests for information required to be disclosed.
- Disclose and deliver the required information to a consumer free of charge within 45 days of receiving a verifiable consumer request from the consumer.