At Post Ranch Inn, the privacy and confidentiality of user information is important. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. We may update this policy from time to time, so please check here frequently.
What Information Is Collected? How Do We Use It?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request about our Post Ranch Inn, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form. Information collected on the Site may be used to:
- Register you as a Post Ranch Inn customer
- Plan and purchase Post Ranch Inn accommodations
- Enter your email for our Newsletter or promotions
- Send marketing communications or survey on a past stay to you
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
All forms will provide an opt-out button to allow you to choose not to participate in Post Ranch Inn lists and future online marketing. In deciding whether or not to join such lists, please note that they are only used for Post Ranch Inn purposes or in joint promotions with a Post Ranch Inn sister resort. We do not sell or rent any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time. All emails distributed to our lists will contain easy, online access to unsubscribe.
Permission for Use
Protecting Your Information
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so Post Ranch Inn is committed to protecting the information we collect. Post Ranch Inn has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access.
Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Withdrawing Consent To Use
Use of Aggregated Data
Post Ranch Inn is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of the Site for marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, Post Ranch Inn may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
Post Ranch Inn has two exceptions to these limits on use of personal information:
- Post Ranch Inn may monitor and, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Post Ranch Inn from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site or anything found at the Site.
- Post Ranch Inn may disclose information when required by law; however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
To enable features at the Site, Post Ranch Inn may assign one or more “cookies”; to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer’s hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user.
Children’s Privacy; Parental Consent
Links Provided To Other Sites
Post Ranch Inn may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Post Ranch Inn. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
We want our website www.postranchinn.com (hereinafter identified as the “Site”;) visitors to feel confident about using our Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. All personal information you provide is encrypted and secure.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (“Booking Engine”) provided by SynXis, a Sabre Hospitality company. While it appears to be part of our site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully.
* All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
Please be aware that your general rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
You may exercise these rights by contacting: CAprivacy@postranchinn.com. If you believe we are not complying with applicable data protection laws, it is your right to file a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority.
For your California Privacy Rights, click here.
You have the option to manage your personal information in the following ways:
- Information You Provide: It is up to you to determine what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. Please note that should you choose not to provide us with certain details, some of your transactions may be impacted.
- Updating Your Information: You are welcome to correct or update certain pieces of personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your personal information, to the extent permissible by law, for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfill the following:
- The purposes for which the personal information was provided,
- An identifiable and ongoing business need, including record keeping,
- A specific legal or regulatory requirement, and/or
- A requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
Policy Modifications and Contacting Post Ranch Inn
Post Ranch Inn – Big Sur
Post Ranch Inn
Highway 1, PO Box 219
CA 93920 USA