Safe Stay Protocols
Safety Measures & Service Enhancements
At Post Ranch, the health and well-being of our guests and staff is always our top priority. We have implemented a number of safety measures and service enhancements to ensure that stays at Post Ranch Inn continue to be relaxing, healthful and inspiring. For a comprehensive list of our safety guidelines and protocols, please review our Safe Stay Protocols.
What To Expect During Your Stay
To help you better understand what you will experience the next time you visit Post Ranch, we invite you to review the current list of changes and enhancements we’ve made to the guest experience below.
General Property Information
- Post Ranch is now open and welcoming all guests.
- The wearing of masks is now optional for guests and staff throughout the entire resort including all indoor spaces. Should anyone prefer to wear a mask indoors, we strongly encourage them to do so and respect everyone’s individual preferences. Complimentary masks are available. Thank you for your cooperation.
- During the pandemic, we retained two of the country’s leading experts on indoor environmental air quality to ensure that the air quality in all indoor spaces is of the highest possible level.
- To ensure the health and safety of our guests, all staff members must perform daily wellness checks.
Arrival & Departure
- Upon arrival, check-in will be expedited to minimize contact.
- Guest check-out is 12:00 noon and check-in is 4:00 pm
- For the convenience of our guests, valet parking service is available. Guests also have the option of self-parking their car. Bell staff will assist in transporting both guests and their luggage to the room.
- All Post Ranch vehicles will be sanitized before and after any guests occupy the vehicles.
- Guests will receive their final bill via email the night prior to departure. A visit to the Front Desk will not be necessary at check-out, unless you have questions regarding your bill.
Our Signature Disinfection & Hygiene Solution
Rather than use bleach or other toxic chemicals to disinfect, Post Ranch set out to find a disinfection and cleaning solution that stayed true to our environmental ethos. After a comprehensive search, Post Ranch has implemented a two-step disinfection program that works to purify the air and renders surfaces self-disinfecting in a non-toxic, sustainable and healthful manner. The solution meets CDC and EPA guidelines, is Green Seal-certified and provides an odorless, non-toxic, hospital-grade disinfecting and cleaning system.
- The solution purifies the air and renders surfaces self-disinfecting in a non-toxic, sustainable and healthful manner.
- The program utilizes the non-toxic, EPA-approved ECA Water* to disinfect and will be used in all guestrooms and public spaces frequently throughout the day. It will also be administered in our vehicles.
We want to provide our guests with the highest level of personalized service and attention, while also respecting personal space. To that end, we will be integrating some of the services that are traditionally carried out during evening turndown service into the daily service, potentially eliminating one of the steps where staff needs to enter the room. Additional services are always available for guests upon request. To accommodate personal preferences, we are offering various options:
- Daily Service: Our team is happy to provide once-daily housekeeping service before 1pm to make up your room and restock your complimentary minibar and firewood. Guests who choose to decline service may have additional mini-bar items stocked for their enjoyment.
- Requested Service Only: We understand some guests may prefer complete guestroom privacy. Prior to arrival, we will stock your room for the entire stay, and discuss options for the delivery of extra linens, bathroom amenities, mini-bar items, and firewood deliveries.
- Sierra Mar is open to hotel guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A limited number of reservations are available for lunch and dinner daily for the general public.
- All guests to dine in the dining room or outdoors on the patio. As an alternative, hotel guests may enjoy their meals in the comfort of the guestroom.
- The wearing of masks in the dining room is now optional for all guests and staff. Should anyone prefer to wear a mask in the dining room, we strongly encourage them to do so and respect everyone’s individual preferences.
We have taken unprecedented steps, working with some of the country’s foremost experts in indoor air quality, to ensure that Sierra Mar has been set up as safely as possible. Some of these steps include installing a state-of-the-art ventilation system, ultra-efficient air purifiers have been placed throughout the dining room, tabletop air purifiers sit on each table, real-time air quality monitors allow us to adjust and optimize air quality as needed, and more. To learn more, please click here.
- View Sierra Mar’s air quality in real-time.
- Complimentary breakfast is available to hotel guests and offers a full service, cooked-to-order experience which can be enjoyed either in the dining room or outdoors on the patio. Lunch and Dinner can also be enjoyed in the dining room or outdoors on the patio.
- All-day snacks can be delivered to the guestroom or to any other location around the property.
- For your safety and convenience, all in-room dining deliveries will include a contactless check and a suggested gratuity of $10 per breakfast delivery and 20% for lunch, dinner and all other in-room dining orders will be added.
Swimming & Basking Pools
- All three of our swimming and basking pools are open and available for guests to enjoy.
- Pool service will be available at all pools, as attendants will be regularly monitoring and sanitizing the pool areas.
Spa & Activities
- The Post Ranch Spa is now open and operating safely per Monterey County guidelines. Spa services are available in any of our four treatment rooms or in your guestroom (25% surcharge applies).
- The wearing of masks in the Spa is now optional for all guests and staff. Should anyone prefer to wear a mask, we strongly encourage them to do so and respect everyone’s individual preferences.
- Due to high demand, spa appointments tend to fill up quickly and we are unable to guarantee last-minute availability. Advance reservations are required for all spa services and we strongly recommend making your reservations at least 4-6 weeks in advance.
- We offer a myriad of complimentary outdoor guest activities including yoga and meditation, hikes, property walks, our falconry program (fee) and more, weather permitting. Days and times for each activity vary and are subject to availability. Advanced reservations are required for all activities and are subject to appropriate social distancing guidelines.
- Our fitness center is open and available for all guests 24 hours a day.
Our falconry program allows guests the opportunity to get up close and personal with these magnificent animals. Reservations are required for this therapeutic experience.